Friday, August 9, 2013

Hello fellow filmmakers and film lovers!

Hello. My name is Byron Q, a writer/director/filmmaker from Los Angeles trying to make it in the film biz. As of today, I've made 3 feature films. My first film is called "BANG BANG", a coming of age drama about 2 kids affected by gang life and teenage angst. It won a jury prize for Best 1st Feature at the 2011 Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival where it premiered. I have since gone on to successfully self distribute the film. It is available on Itunes, Amazon VOD, DVD/ BluRay, and also on Chill.com. Anyone in the world can view the film as long as they have access to the internet.

My 2nd film is a feature documentary called RASKAL LOVE, a biopic about a Gangster who became a pioneering breakdancer in Seattle during the 90's. Currently making the festival circuit after it premiered at the LA Asian Pacific Film Festival in 2013.

My 3rd film is still in post production. Currently titled LAS VEGAS STORY, with oscar nominated ERIC ROBERTS.

All posts here will be about my journey to make films and also insights and advice on self distribution models, as well as filmmaking techniques and thoughts on the direction of the industry. Thank you for reading! Please connect with me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TUMBLR.

All the best,

Byron Q

No comments:

Post a Comment